unsoluble protein in yeast ?

Richard P. Grant rgrant at netscape.net
Tue Jul 18 07:57:31 EST 2000

In article <39745047.F288C99E at uni-bonn.de>, unc30002 at uni-bonn.de (Irith
Wiegand) wrote:

> As yeasts don't build inclusion bodies (?) has anyone a suggestion what
> to do in order to make the protein soluble without denaturing it ????
> thanks in advance

Insoluble proteins are a pain - but they occur with sickening
regularity.  :(

Suggestions:  Try growth/induction at low temperature in E.coli (34, 30,
25, even as low as 20 C).

If you're still stuck with inclusion bodies, try the Hampton Research
'Foldit' kit.  This assays a range of folding conditions, I haven't
tried it but it is sitting in the fridge waiting for me to!

Richard P. Grant MAD Phil       http://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/personal/rpg/
Structural Studies              http://www.scienceboard.net/
MRC-LMB                         Please reply to rpg 'at' mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk