Weird Western Blot (circular streaks)

gs_stones at my-deja.com gs_stones at my-deja.com
Wed Jul 19 03:11:48 EST 2000

Hi,
I've had a couple of weird western blots lately,
we use a standard SDS PAGE tris glycine minigel
(BIORAD), and transfer using the minigel
apparatus at 100v for 90 minutes with a cooling
block (ice in a container) present. The transfer
buffer is the usual methanol/glycine/tris recipe.
The problem shows up when ponceau red stained as
weird circular streaks over some (not all) of the
blot.  Coomassie staining the gel reveals that
the gel has run ok.  Generally a part of the blot
is ok, normal bands, but over the rest the lanes
go into a circular streak which extends over
several lanes.  Has anyone ever seen this before,
no one in the lab has ever seen this!
any help would be appreciated!
e mail gs_stones at yahoo.co.uk

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/