SDS solutions behaving, um, oddly.....

Kresten kresten at
Wed Jul 19 08:26:47 EST 2000

In article <8l2pnk$iee$1 at>,
  sam_ross at wrote:
> Dear Netter Nutters,
> Has anybody else ever had a dilute reagent solution precipitate out,
> whilst a more concentrated one stays dissolved?

Whenever I precipitate protein by adding 1/10 vol of my 100% TCA / 0.2%
deoxycholic acid I see this.

> Anybody have any ideas
> about why this might be happening?

However, is there not something about SDS precipitating with either Na+
or K+? This difference matters when one does minipreps, since there is
a difference between using K+ acetate and Na+ acetate.

> Sam Ross
> DSTO Australia
> Sent via
> Before you buy.

The address kresten at is for
spambots only. Please mail me at LysLeuLeu at
transforming the pre at -part into my initials.
Kresten Lindorff Larsen

Sent via
Before you buy.