5' RACE, how far can we go???

cracker besco.1 at osu.edu
Thu Jul 20 13:41:52 EST 2000

I have found that using gibco's superscript II reverse transcriptase and
boehringers Expand long template polymerase (a mix of Taq and Pwo I believe)
seems to work the best for longer products, and I've tried everything!!  I
think 3 kb should be do-able....

Malathi Hari <mhari at expert.cc.purdue.edu> wrote in message
news:8l25ab$b1r$1 at mozo.cc.purdue.edu...

> Hi,
> I have a question about 5'RACE. We want to RT-PCR around 3kb for
> a 5'RACE reaction. USing Pfu Polymerase might be useful, but do people who
> have had experience with these methods have any suggestions how to go
about
> this task?
> Thanks in advance
> Malathi

___
> Malathi Hari (Home)
> Department of Biological Science 123 Waldron Street
> Purdue University Apartment # 5
> West Lafayette, IN 47907 West Lafayette, IN 47906
> (765)494-9711 (Phone) (765)746-1545
> (765)494-0876 (Fax)
> mhari at bilbo.bio.purdue.edu malathih at hotmail.com
> "I refrain from publishing for fear that disputes and
> controversies may be raised against me by ignoramuses."
>    Sir Isaac Newton, correspondence to Liebniz

___