PCR primers

Tina anfortin at webnet.qc.ca
Mon Jul 24 18:42:51 EST 2000

Hi everybody!
First excuse me for this very basic question, but I'm a beginner with the
PCR technique.
It is possible to find the location of upper and  lower primers in the gene
sequence in order to know if or not they will generate a PCR product
included in one exon or covering two exons.
For the upper primer, we have just to find it directly in the gene sequence,
but for the lower primer it is necessary to "translate" the primer sequence
in complementary bases and after to invert it before searching it in the
gene sequence. Why the upper ca be find directly and not the lower ?
I can't stay more time without undertanding this basic point of PCR
technique .
Thanks in advance !