protein electrophoresis problem

Kun Qian k_qian at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 25 00:18:00 EST 2000

Hello everybody!
I have a simple question, but it's hard for me.
I run SDS-PAGE using the protein samples prepared by myself, and stain the
gel with commassie blue after ecletrophoresis. The troublesome thing is that
there is always smear on the gel according to the place of each lane. I
don't know if this means the protein is degraded, or should the staining
appear to have some major visible band .
I am sorry for my poor description, but if you are interested in this
problem, I can email you a picture of the gel.
thanks a lot!!!
Kun Qian