pET-8c

Gys de Jongh GysdeJongh at planet.nl
Tue Jul 25 18:01:11 EST 2000

"Richard P. Grant" <rgrant at netscape.net> wrote in message
news:rgrant-51758C.15443225072000 at nntp-serv.cam.ac.uk...
> OK, so WTF is pET-8c?  I can find numerous instances of its use, but
> it's not listed at Novagen, nor at VectorDB.

Hi,
at :
http://www.biochemj.org/bj/314/0253/bj3140253.htm
you can find the article :
Biochem. J. (1996) 314, 253–260 (Printed in Great Britain)
Fatty acid binding and conformational stability of mutants of human muscle fatty
acid-binding protein
Clemens F. M. PRINSEN and Jacques H. VEERKAMP*
Department of Biochemistry, University of Nijmegen, P.O. Box 9101, 6500 HB
Nijmegen, The Netherlands

where it says :
...which facilitate directional cloning in pET-3d (formerly pET-8c) [20].

20 Studier, F. W., Rosenberg, A. H., Dunn, J. J. and Dubendorff, J. W. (1990)
Methods Enzymol. 185, 60–89

(The methods in enzymol. may be around in our lib )

pET-3d is at :
http://www.stratagene.com/vectors/expression/pet.htm

--
Gys