Labelling of oligos: an interesting phenomenon

January Weiner nospam_jweiner1 at ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Jul 26 06:57:17 EST 2000

Hello,
I had to label about 40-50 primers, and while doing this I have spotted a
strange phenomenon: the labelling efficiency could drop to less then 10%
depending on the first nucleotide of the primer, independently of the
sequence and condition. Maybe I am just illiterate and don't know some
basic facts about PNK, but I could not find any literature reporting this
phenomenon. It is reproducible and independent from the company which
synthetized oligos. Any clues?

Cheers,
j.

--
Sacred cows make the best hamburger. - Mark Twain