Removing cDNA template from cRNA competitor?

Luo luo.xu at med.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Jul 26 08:00:59 EST 2000

Hello,

I am working on RT-PCR competitor construction. After transcription into
competitor cRNA from template cDNA, the reaction mix was heated for 3
min at 95°C, followed by chiling in ice for 5 min, adding DNase I 20 U
for 80 min at 37°C to remove the template cDNA. Then run PCR using gene
specific primers for checking the template cDNA. But the results show
that the cDNA template still stay there. Would you please give me your
advice how to remove the cDNA template clearly after transcription
reaction? Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Luo XU