Plasmid question

Mark Garry Petten t67mgp at morgan.ucs.mun.ca
Thu Jul 27 11:50:10 EST 2000

I am running a sample of plasmid I have ligated with my cDNA insert
through a 1% TBE gel. I am also running with it a sample of linearized
plasmid without the insert. My question is will supercoiling cause the
ligated plamid to migrate less through the gel or more?

*Mark G. Petten                      * Research is the process of going *
*Dept. of Biology                    * up alley's to see if they're     *
*Honours                             * blind.                           *
*Memorial University of Newfoundland * - Bates's Law of Research        *