Separation of specific DNA fragment

GradStudent ThisIsNot at MyEmail.com
Fri Jul 28 16:31:17 EST 2000

On Fri, 28 Jul 2000 10:36:10 +0100, "Dr. Duncan Clark"
<Duncan at nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>In article <9BDB2287F9196FBF.C8A41E8A98817743.970A2C757260F20D at lp.airnew
>s.net>, GradStudent <ThisIsNot at MyEmail.com> writes
>>
>>A PNA-clamp will bind just downstream to your primer preventing
>>amplification of the DNA......
>
>Will a PNA be strand displaced by the Taq. I believe other oligos are
>unless one has a 5-3 exo minus Taq, but of course PNA is very different.
>
>Duncan

Nope.  The melting temperature (i.e. affinity) is too high.  This is
why they can be used in PCR where the temperature is raised 80+
degrees.  Other oligos will melt from their complement at these temps,
provided they're not exonucleased or "bumped off" by the enzyme.

The question is......can they do the same thing in vivo????

GradStudent