Separation of specific DNA fragment

GradStudent ThisIsNot at MyEmail.com
Mon Jul 31 06:54:14 EST 2000

I was thinking more as an antigene rather than antisense.  Controlling
gene expression at the transcriptial level would/should be easier than
at the translational level.  The number of RNA transcripts and their
rates of decay within a cell may be just to high for the few number of
PNAs that enter a cell (as a therapeutic).  Targeting the genomic DNA
would be more of an ON/OFF controll rather than a variable gauge.
Besides, some genes we may want to turn off completely (i.e. active
proviruses).

There was an interesting paper in Journal of Virology recently in
which the inversigators used PNAs to target active HIV provirus, and
managed to control viral replication at the genomic level.....

GradStudent