plasmid repair

Hiranya S. Roychowdhury hroychow at nmsu.edu
Fri Jun 2 09:50:26 EST 2000

Any basic mol bio/biochem text is supposed to contain this info.
Repair usually should occur prior to or concommittent with replication.
There should be a 0.5 probability for any particular base in a position
reverting (unless one of the bases in ther pair is modified (methylated). In
that case, the prob. of either a transversion or a transition should be 1
for the non-methylated base.

At 12:16 PM 6/2/00 GMT, Paul A Dalby wrote:
>Imagine a plasmid which has a base-pair mismatch in it.  If I transformed it
>into E.coli, would it replicate before repair, or would it excise and repair
>before replication?  If the latter, which strand gets reverted?
>
>Paul Dalby
>
>p.dalby at ucl.ac.uk

Dr. Hiranya Sankar Roychowdhury
GENE LAB/ EPPWS