RNase A preciptitation

Neil McKenna nmckenna at ottawa.com
Fri Jun 2 13:24:52 EST 2000

We recently prepared come RNase A as a 100 ug/mL solution as described in
Sambrook, Fritsch and Maniatis  -- we made a solution at pH=5.2, boiled it,
then adjusted pH to 7.4. We had been using it for several weeks and found it
was degrading our DNA when used at high concentrations, so we decided to
leave it overnight at 65 C. Unfortunately, when we came in this morning, it
was all precipitated, and we cannot seem to resolubilize it.

Is there any way to resolubilize RNase A without having to dilute it?

Neil McKenna