DTNB alternative

Wolfgang Schechinger Wolfgang.Schechinger at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Sun Jun 4 12:38:59 EST 2000

no idea if it works under exidizing conditions, but NBD-chloride
and/or fluoride are sold for this purpose. you could ask
molecular probes or fluka if it fits your needs.

wolfgang

> From:          Johannes Graumann <j_graumann at hotmail.com>
> Subject:       DTNB alternative
> Date:          Sat, 03 Jun 2000 23:05:07 GMT
> To:            methods at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk

> Hi there,
> I'm running into trouble determining the thiol status of my protein
> under oxidizing conditions (120 myM H2O2) - DTNB (Ellman's reagent)
> doesn't work here (why?). Does anybody know of an alternative
> reagent that may do the job under these conditions? I'd prefer a
> spectroscopic method to AMS trapping.
>
> Thanks for any help, Johannes
>

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

-----
This message is encrypted. Use your brain to decode it.
-----
Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger, Dept. of Pathobiochemistry
University of Tuebingen, Germany
email: wolfgang.schechinger at med.uni-tuebingen.de
wwWait: http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/~wgschech/start.htm
-----