HPLC problem

Richard nospam at nowhere.com
Mon Jun 5 14:36:46 EST 2000

Hello all,
can anybody help with this problem?

Using fluorescence detection we get an OK baseline using 50/50
water/methanol but as soon as we change to 45/55 acetonitrile/water the
baseline goes crazy, even after 24 hrs equilibrium time. We have had
the detector checked and it was fine. There do not appear to be leaks
in the system and this happens with several different columns. Are all
the columns stuffed or do they need to be regenerated. We have spent
ages trying to get a good baseline without success.

Any ideas or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Richard