Smad 4 Antibodies

Paul S. Brookes. brookes at uab.edu
Thu Jun 8 12:26:27 EST 2000

We're looking to do some Western Blotting for Smad 4.
I see that both Upstate and Santa Cruz make Ab's to it.
Does anyone have experience with either of these Ab's which would aid in a
decision as to which one I should choose.  My current leaning is towards
the upstate one as I've used their Ab's (for iNOS) before and have heard
some dodgy thing about Santa Cruz's (iNOS).  Is this an isolated case or a
more general phenomenon?

Thanks
PSB

Dr. Paul S. Brookes.            (brookes at uab.edu)
UAB Department of Pathology,   G004 Volker Hall
1670 University Blvd., Birmingham AL 35294 USA
Tel (001) 205 934 1915     Fax (001) 205 934 1775
http://peir.path.uab.edu/brookes

The quality of e-mails can go down as well as up