Phosphorylation specific antibodies: Online review

Deborah Wilkinson deborahwilkinson at sprynet.com
Thu Jun 8 15:00:52 EST 2000

Dear Ruth,

I am not responding directly to the question you asked.  I just wanted to let you know that I wrote an article that reviewed commercially available anti-phosphotyrosine antibodies last summer.   I thought that this article might be helpful for you.  Although the article focused on anti-phosphotyrosine antibodies, similar anti-phosphoserine products comparable to the ones reviewed are often available from the same vendors noted in the article.

The article is posted online at: http://www.the-scientist.com/yr1999/may/profile2_990510.html

A table accompanying the article summarizes info relevant to tyrosine phosphorylation state-sensitive antibodies that were available at the time the article was written (last summer).  This table can be viewed at:
http://www.the-scientist.com/yr1999/may/tyrosine_990510.pdf

I cannot make any specific recommendations about any of these products or about experimental protocols.

I hope that the article is useful for you.

Best wishes,
Deborah Wilkinson-Fitzgerald
Science/Biotech Writer