two FISHs on one PETs?

Fernando Perez fernando.perez at uni-koeln.de
Tue Jun 20 09:44:51 EST 2000

Hi all,

we analyse archived  formol-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue sections (PETs)
by interphase FISH (procedure after Ensinger et al. 1997, Anticancer Res.
17: 4633). In our experience only few samples give satisfying hybridisation
results (we used direct labelled alpha satellite probes from Vysis).  Does
anyone knows if its posible (in case of inappropiate denaturation) to
repeat proteolytic digestion and hybridise again to rescure poor-signal
samples?

Thanks for all input
Fernando

Dr. Fernando Pérez
Medizinische Einrichtungen der Uni-Koeln
Institut fuer Pathologie
<fernando.perez at uni-koeln.de>
      Joseph-Stelzmann-Str. 9
      Koeln