Multiphor (IEF) power supply

Ian A. York iayork at
Wed Jun 21 07:03:46 EST 2000

In article <CHYeEqAueIU5EAMK at>,
Dr. Duncan Clark <Duncan at> wrote:
>In article <8iod2d$n9a$1 at>, Ian A. York <iayork at>
>>I've talked to tech people at A-P, and they're adamant that there's only
>>one way to run the system now, and that I *must* buy one of theire power
>>supplies, because nothing else will still run at the very low current the
>>system uses.
>What voltage does it run at?

4000 V (not a typo), which automatically rules out almost all the
low-priced things to start with.  There are some that are lower-priced
than the one they recommend, but nothing cheap, and the lower-priced ones
all have low-current sensors.

We've considered hooking up a resistor in parallel to fool the thing into
believing there's adequate current being drawn, but I can't say I'm very
comfortable with the idea.

    Ian York   (iayork at  <>