funny pattern of kinase assay

zhong huang tanlu at 1nol.com
Thu Jun 22 22:49:23 EST 2000

I encountered problem in setting up h1 histon kinase assay. I used H1
histone from UPS company as cdk2 kinase substrate. But I got strong band
which is around 50 kDa with smiling shape other than 30kD or so band. I used
10% SDS-PAGE. It's strange that my cdk4 kinase substrate (Rb) shows
beautiful band with right molecular weight in the same gel.

I know I should state more clearly my procedure but I am in a hurry. Anyone
who has done h1 histone kinase assay can give me some clues? Thanks.