Real Time PCR

Susanne Rohrer "srohrer(removethis)" at immv.unizh.ch
Fri Jun 23 02:40:28 EST 2000

Of course this depends on what you want to do. We have just had the Light
Cycler on loan for a couple months. It's nice to work with it except fiddling
around with the capillaries gets on my nerves when I have to handle a full set
of 32 samples.

This machine is quite expensive, but I have no idea what others might cost.
but it looks like a fancy espresso machine and you get a flat screen with the
computer, which looks nice in the lab. On a more scientific note, I don't know
if this justifies the price...

--
Susanne Rohrer
Institute of Medical Microbiology