(NONE)

Chris LaRosa clarosa at biocomp.unl.edu
Fri Jun 23 10:49:08 EST 2000

Atreya Hanudatta Sas wrote:

> Hi all,
>         Has anybody experienced that his/her protein gets denatured or
> unfolded upon lyophilizing ? If so, what may be the reason for the same. I
> tried lyophilizing my protein, but it seems to get unfolded. How should I
> concentrate my protein sample in that case ?
>         Thanks in advance,

Freezing is enough to denature many proteins because your drastically
changing the water content and the solvation? of the protein.  Perhaps
you could try spin dialysis ,, those pressure concentration systems, or
dialyzing against PEG 8000, perhaps using agents like glycerol, betaine
to to keep the protein in solution and undenatured....