Quantitating Westerns

andrew_tai at my-deja.com andrew_tai at my-deja.com
Sun Jun 25 18:41:06 EST 2000

Actually Molecular Dynamics phosphorimagers do not detect chemiluminescence.
However, they can be used for chemifluorescence-- check out
http://www.mdyn.com/application_notes/apunderf/APUNDERF.HTM for more
information. The link discusses where you can get the appropriate
substrate(s) for chemifluorescence (sold by Amersham Pharmacia, of course).

Good luck,

Andrew

In article <4.3.1.2.20000625122508.00b8a6c8 at marlin.bio.umass.edu>,
  rashie at bio.umass.edu (rashie athukorala) wrote:
> I was under the impression Molecular Dynamics ships with its phosphoimagers
> (Storm series) ImageQuant, which is the software designed to do exactly
> what you're asking for  (calibration curve notwithstanding).  Check to see
> if that has been installed on the attached computer, or find whoever has
> the original installation disks.
>
> good luck.
>
> At 09:47 AM 6/23/2000, you wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Is there a reliable way to quantitate protein expression from Western
> >blots (am using a chemiluminescence system for band visualization)?  I
> >have heard some phosphorimagers can also quantitate luminescent signals,
> >but the one here (Mol Dynamics) does not.  Any ideas would be highly
> >appreciated.
> >
> >Thank you very much.
> >Karthik

> ---