Quantitating Westerns

andrew_tai at my-deja.com andrew_tai at my-deja.com
Mon Jun 26 16:40:36 EST 2000

The Molecular Dynamics Flouroimager, Storm, and Typhoon models will all
detect chemifluorescence. However, you are correct in that the standard
phosphorimager that they sell won't do this. Not sure which model the
original poster had access to, though.

In article <39571412.EA4BB7D0 at immv.unizh.ch>,
  removethis <srohrer at rzu-mailhost.unizh.ch> wrote:

> andrew_tai at my-deja.com wrote:
>
> > Actually Molecular Dynamics phosphorimagers do not detect chemiluminescence.
> > However, they can be used for chemifluorescence-- check out
> > http://www.mdyn.com/application_notes/apunderf/APUNDERF.HTM
>
> As I understand this, you need to use a Fluorimager  for this which is a
> different machine from a Phosphorimager but just as expensive....
>
> --
> Susanne Rohrer
> Institute of Medical Microbiology
> University of Zurich