Real Time PCR

Jan Hoolwerf hoolwerf at geocities.com
Tue Jun 27 07:47:05 EST 2000

Hello Robert!

On Monday June 26 2000, Robert Hartley wrote to
patrick.merel at chu-bordeaux.fr:

 >> <20 min for a regular PCR run. It's an obvious +. The question
 >> you have to answer (not mentionning available funds) is: what
 >> do you want to do: 96 PCR / 3hours or 32 / 20 min?

 RH> OR
 RH> 32/20min
 RH> 5 min gap
 RH> 32/20min
 RH> 5 min gap
 RH> 32/20min

 RH> = 1hr 10 min

In our work we have to run a calibration curve in every run. That gives
an overhead of at least 6 standards + 1 blanc per run. That makes the
speed advantage of the LC less and increases overhead costs.

Therefore (amongst other reasons) we choose the 7700.

regards, Jan Hoolwerf