high speed gel electrophoresis

John Dixon jpcd100 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jun 27 05:14:28 EST 2000

In article <c1.2b5.2WZ39h$0Af at SCOTGATE2.DEMON.CO.UK>, Chris H Lindley
<chris at scotgate2.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Jun 2000 17:28:36 +0200, Frank.Fackelmayer at uni-konstanz.de wrote:
> >Chih-L Han wrote:
> >>
> >> Dear News readers,
> >>
> >> I just found two biotechnology comppanies selling electrophoresis units
> >> that
> >> allow you to run gel electrophoresis at high voltage (say, 250 volt or even
> >> higher). Unfortunately, both systems are pretty expensive. Anyone has ever
> >> used these "high speed gel elctrophoresis" before? Can I find any
> >> alternative?

Hi guys, I got spammed a few months back by these guys:
http://www.6mgel.com/
I assumed the trawled my address from this group. They have basically
redesigned standard gel tanks to allow cooling of the gel from below,
thus allowing seriously fast runs. They didn't have a UK demo supplier
last time I asked - has anyone out there given these tanks a go?
Especially the 96+ well gels.

Cheers (no affils BTW)
JD

--
John Dixon                    Lab 44 (1223) 334131
Wellcome/CRC Institute        Fax 44 (1223) 334089
United Kingdom CB2 1QR       e-m: jpcd100 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk