About Calcium binding proteins

Atreya Hanudatta Sas hsatreya at tifr.res.in
Wed Jun 28 03:38:42 EST 2000

Hi all,
      I am trying to purify the apo form of a calcium binding protein. I
have read that a de-salting column will help. But I am not quite sure
about the procedure. Can anybody help in the same ?

Alternatively, should I try some strong chelating agents of calcium like
BAPTA etc. ? The protein is highly homologous to calmodulin and troponinC,
in terms of affinity of calcium. So, I guess, the same methods applied to
these proteins for getting the apo-form should apply to my protein.

THanks in advance,

with regards

Atreya
TIFR, Mumbai