recommendations for 96-well fluorimeter

tfitzwater at gilead.com tfitzwater at gilead.com
Wed Jun 28 15:04:19 EST 2000

>From: rashie athukorala (rashie at bio.umass.edu)
>Date: Mon 26 Jun 2000 - 05:05:47 BST

>I'm in the market for a 96-well fluorimeter, to be used primarily for high
>throughput DNA quantitation. With the caveat that this is in part
>controlled by the dye being used, I'd like to have one that spans the
>broadest linear range possible (ideally several logs worth).

>With no sense of what the market has to offer, suggestions would be
greatly
>appreciated.

I've been looking around as well.  Try these two sources for good overviews
of fluorescent plate readers.

http://www.scienceproducts.corning.com/equip_compatibility_guide/ (Robotics
and compatibility)
Elizabeth Zubritsky, Jan, 1999.  Microplate fluorometers reach critical
mass.  Analytical Chemistry, News & Features, 39A-43A.

Tim Fitzwater
Principal Research Associate
Gilead Sciences
2860 Wilderness Pl.