Sv: myc epitopes and antibodies

Jens Tornoe jens at
Wed Jun 28 16:53:59 EST 2000

"Hartley, Jim" <JHartley at> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:4213FFACFB2CD31198A100805FEA9B4FFC2E7E at
> I'm designing new Destination Vectors for making myc fusion proteins using
> the Gateway cloning method, and would greatly appreciate any advice on
> whether the EQKLISEEDL epitope is the best (some vectors use
> and good or bad experiences with any particular monoclonals. Thanks.
> Jim Hartley

I have used the EQKLISEEDL epitope with the 9e10 monoclonal ab. It worked
excellently well. I was able to detect low levels of a VP22-EGFP-[myc-tag]
fusion with high specificity from cellular High Salt extracts.

Jens Tornøe
Pederstrup, Denmark