Question to Robocycler and Eppendorf PCR machine owners

zoltan szabo zoltan at
Thu Jun 29 19:50:56 EST 2000

We are thinking of buying a new PCR machine. We'd like to get one that
is capable of testing a range of annealing temperatures in one run.
There's the Robocycler with the gold block from Stratagene and one from
Eppendorf which is a peltier machine. Does anybody have good or bad
experiences with any of these two? I am leaning more towards the
robocycler because it seems faster and the blocks are pre-heated (we
have 3 PE 9700 and all 3 failed at least once so far). My boss is
worried that the robotic arm will break down frequently. Any

zoltan szabo