myc epitopes and antibodies

Fri Jun 30 20:06:23 EST 2000

In article <4213FFACFB2CD31198A100805FEA9B4FFC2E7E at lscserv1.na.lifetech.com>, JHartley at lifetech.com ("Hartley, Jim") wrote:
>I'm designing new Destination Vectors for making myc fusion proteins using
>the Gateway cloning method, and would greatly appreciate any advice on
>whether the EQKLISEEDL epitope is the best (some vectors use ASMQKLISEEDL),
>and good or bad experiences with any particular monoclonals. Thanks.

ATCC has hybridoma clone that makes anti-myc tag antibody.
Whatever it is called I don't remember but most companies sell
just that, and it is the most popular myc detenction antibody
choice. Works indeed excellently in both IPs and westerns.

I not not 100% sure but I think both sequences above will
work equally well.

        - Dima