Flag column

roger.murphy at ludwig.edu.au roger.murphy at ludwig.edu.au
Wed Mar 1 21:07:21 EST 2000

When we isolated a FLAG-tagged protein we found we had to either shake the
resin gently overnight with the tissue culture supernatant containing the
protein, then pour into a column, or else recirculate through the pre-packed
column over night.  The latter proved easier to do, gave less loss of resin
and protein and resulted in better protein yields.  We strched our 25ml column
out to 10 runs but it was definitely "flagging" (couldn't resist!) by the time
we got to number 10.

Roger