Alternatives to Dextran Sulphate

Chris LaRosa plarosa1 at navix.net
Thu Mar 2 06:16:08 EST 2000

I never use dextran sulphate these days. I use a solution of 7(?) percent of SDS and
SSC.....Sorry but I forget the formula off the top of my head.   If you go to the
Biorad web site they have a protocol for ZetaProbe membranes.  I use the solutions
used for zetaprobe for northerns and southerns routinely with 32P labelled probes.
The solutions are less complex than in other protocols.