Chris LaRosa clarosa at
Fri Mar 3 18:27:38 EST 2000

The BSA works in part by stablizing the taq polymerase.  Protein
biochemist learned from experience that for some reasons still mysterious
to me,  proteins become unstable or tend to denature in solution when in
low concentration.  So if your trying to stablize an enzyme activity
during purification you might add bsa to stablize the enzyme in its active
form.   I am not sure of the actual mechanisms involved.