E. coli F+ and T7 production?

ChenHA hzhen at freeuk.com
Fri Mar 3 20:58:28 EST 2000

eforsen at my-deja.com wrote:

> Hi
>
> Does anyone know of an E. Coli strain that is F+ (can make pili) and that
> has the T7 RNA polymerase gene incorporated in the genome? I know BL21
> has the T7 RNA polymerase gene but I believe it is F-.

There should be many, and a search of the catalogs of companies that do T7
expression system can probably give you want you want.  However, if you have
problem finding one, you can always lysogenise a particular cells strains
that you have with lambda(DE3) yourself (available from Novagen).  BTW, BL21
does not have T7, but BL21(DE3) has.