pSP6/T7-19 or AIMV RNA 4 transciption vector

Dr. Peter Gegenheimer PGegen at UKans.nolospamare.edu
Fri Mar 3 23:54:24 EST 2000

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000 17:53:56, akohl001 at udcf.gla.ac.uk (Alain Kohl) wrote:

ð Dear all,
ð I'm looking for a vector called pSP6/T7-19, which was once sold by Gibco
ð but it's no longer produced. A derived plasmid, pSP6/T7-AIMV 4 which
ð contains part of the AIM virus 4 RNA under control of the SP6 promotor,
ð would also help. This plasmid was once described by Shi et al (Virology,
ð 1995) (the corresponding has appearently retired since) and it is used for
ð RNA capping studies.
ð ---

Do you want the SP6 and T7 in tandem or in opposition? A tandem SP6>>T7 vector
is described in Samson & Uhlenbeck PNAS 85, 1033-1037 (1988). The plasmid
pSP67-YF0 has SP6>>T7>>tRNA-phe, but the tRNA could be removed. For opposing
SP6><T7 vectors, these should still be commercially available -- Promega
patented them.

| Dr. Peter Gegenheimer       | Vox: 785-864-3939  FAX: 785-864-5321   |
| Department of               |   PGegen at UKans.nospam.edu              |
|   Molecular Biosciences     |   http://rnaworld.bio.ukans.edu/       |
| University of Kansas        |"When you have excluded the impossible, |
| 2045 Haworth Hall           |  whatever remains, however improbable, |
| Lawrence  KS  66045-2106    |  must be the truth."      S. Holmes    |