Perkin Elmer 9700 PCR apparatus

Penny M Avoles avoles at prairie.NoDak.edu
Mon Mar 6 12:20:38 EST 2000

Hi Rene
	We also have the same thermocycler.  I believe ours is a little
over two years old.  And yes, it does have small cracks around the 96 well
plate.  The cracks, as of now, haven't been a problem.  Have you noticed
if the cracks on your thermocycler gotten bigger or have pieces of the
plastic broken off?
Penny

On 6 Mar 2000, Nederhand, R.J. wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I would like to know if there are users of the Perkin Elmer 9700 PCR
> apparatus who have problems with its block.
> The plastic around the silver block shows a lot of small and some larger
> cracks. The development of these cracks started after about two years. In my
> opinion this is a problem of the used material, but according of PE their is
> no history of that. Are there people who have they same problem?
>
> sincerely,
> Rene Nederhand

> the system manager.

> ---