NH4Cl - what is it good for?

Wolfgang Schechinger Wolfgang.Schechinger at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Mar 7 09:00:10 EST 2000

No special idea. Just that: NH4Cl could be there for maintaining a
certain ionic strength (as often NaCl is used). NH4Cl has the
advantage that it may be "evaporated" (it sublimes) under reduced
pressure. So you may get rid of it if you don't need it anymore.

Wolfgang

> From:          "Eoghan Harrington" <harrined at tcd.ie>
> Subject:       NH4Cl - what is it good for?
> Date:          Mon, 6 Mar 2000 20:15:28 -0000
> To:            methods at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk

> What purpose does NH4Cl serve in DNase-treated solutions.
> Is it that it inhibits another activity of the enzyme?
> I'd appreciate some help with this matter..
>
> Eoghan

-----
This message is encrypted. Use your brain to decode it.
-----
Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger, Dept. of Pathobiochemistry
University of Tuebingen, Germany
email: wolfgang.schechinger at med.uni-tuebingen.de
wwWait: http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/~wgschech/start.htm
-----