Problem with Fasttrack mRNA isloation kit!

Csaba Kiss csakis at
Tue Mar 7 11:17:29 EST 2000

I have a problem with the Invitrogen's mRNa isolation kit. It uses oligo-dT cellulose to bind the polyA-RNA. The whole procedure takes place in a 50-ml Falcon tubes. You have to wash the cellulose several times. When I try to decant the supernatant the cellulose floats up and either I lose a lot of cellulose or I can not remove the supernatant effectively. Does anybody have a better solution for the washing steps? Does anybpdy have the same problem? A simple 50-ml filtering column would solve this problem effectively, but Invitrogen only includes a small 800 microliter column for the final washing steps.

csakis at