cotransfect or bicistronic

Jens Tornoe jens at tornoe.net
Sat Mar 11 10:39:23 EST 2000

> Or is the use of a bicistronic vector (IRES marker control vector,
> Clontech) a good idea? If the ideas from the first paragraph
> are true I would be happy to get around the cloning involved.

The IRES vector could be an idea, but expression of your gene after the IRES
is normally very weak compared to the gene before. How about taking a look
at a bi-directional promoter system like the Tet-On vectors? Here, you will
have uniform expression of EGFP and you gene of interest.

Happy cloning

Jens

--
Jens Tornøe