Kinase inhibitor party-pack?

Ian A. York iayork at panix.com
Tue Mar 14 10:04:33 EST 2000

While testing for something altogether different, I found my mutant cells
are repaired by treatment with genistein, an inhibitor of tyrosine
kinases.   Although there are a couple of obvious candidate substrates,
specific tests have suggested the obvious ones are not what's mediating
the effect.

I'd like to try to narrow down this effect more, to localize which kinase
(or equally which substrate) is being affectedbut I'm pretty ignorant
about kinases and signal pathways.  Is there a logical, or standard (or
both) progression for using more selective inhibitors to narrow down the
substrates?

Does someone sell a cheap introductory collection of kinase inhibitors,
suitable for this kind of narrowing down?  I'm poking around a number of
catalogues, and things aren't really coming clear to me.

Thanks for any tips.

Ian