Sterilin Universals heat resistance.

Wolfgang Schechinger Wolfgang.Schechinger at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Mar 16 07:04:45 EST 2000

since they are made from polypropylene or polyethylene, you should
face no problems when you put them into boiling water. If you really
should insist in *melting* your DNA I suggest the use of a ceramic
pot and inert gas athmosphere ;-)

> From:          Andy Scotter <pcxajs at unix.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk>
> Subject:       Sterilin Universals heat resistance.
> Date:          Thu, 16 Mar 2000 11:42:29 +0000
> To:            methods at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk

>  I was just wondering how warm you can heat Sterilin Universals or
> Falcon tubes before they melt.  I want to melt then re-anneal some
> DNA and I've got 20mls of solution so I guess a sterile universal is
> the best option but will it melt?
>
>  Cheers Andy

> **********
>
> Andy Scotter
> Department of Chemistry
> University of Nottingham
> University Park
> Nottingham
> NG7 2RD
> 0115 9514193
> pcxajs at unix.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk

> **********

-----
This message is encrypted. Use your brain to decode it.
-----
Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger, Dept. of Pathobiochemistry
University of Tuebingen, Germany
email: wolfgang.schechinger at med.uni-tuebingen.de
wwWait: http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/~wgschech/start.htm
-----