DNAStrider for PC???

joerg.horwath at uni-konstanz.de joerg.horwath at uni-konstanz.de
Fri Mar 17 07:56:53 EST 2000

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000 15:11:54 -0700, "Joel Sevinsky"
<sevinsky at colorado.edu> wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>Anyone know of a good DNA analysis program for the PC that has all the
>functionality and ease of DNAStrider on the Mac?  I have already looked at
>GCK for the PC and it is a little too expensive and doesn't have all the
>features of DNAStrider.  Thanks.
>
>Joel Sevinsky

Hi Joel,

there's a lot of free molecular biology software for  Win95/98.
For an overview: Amos's Link Page: http://www.expasy.ch/alinks.html;
look for "Biological software and databases catalog servers".
There you will find (among many others) Genamics. com:
http://www.genamics.com/software/software.html. They have very nice
stuff, some of it is for free.
At the moment I prefer BioEdit by Tom Hall but have a look there and
you will find what are you looking for.
An other good source is ttp://www.arc.unm.edu/~aroberts/main/free.htm,
the "Free Software Page".
Enjoy it.