DNA isolation from paraffin-imbedded tissue

Hinrich Schulenburg hschulen at uni-muenster.de
Wed Mar 22 06:55:18 EST 2000

Dear All,

I intend to isolate genomic DNA from ethanol-fixed paraffin-imbedded tissue for subsequent PCR amplifications.

I have a couple of protocols for this purpose (retrieved from various journals), but no experience.

Therefore, I wonder if anyone of you has ever tried to isolate DNA from paraffin-imbedded tissues and could thus advise me on the reliability/suitability of different protocols.

Many thanks in advance,

Hinrich

Hinrich Schulenburg
Abteilung fuer Evolutionsbiologie
Institut fuer Spezielle Zoologie
Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet Muenster
Huefferstr. 1
48149 Muenster
Germany
Tel: +49-251-8321019