Oligonucleotides: I'm desperate

January Weiner nospam_jweiner1 at ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Mar 23 14:28:57 EST 2000

[ Dr. Duncan Clark ]
> Make sure you have no ammonium ions in the oligos from de-
> protection/EtOH pptation. Inhibitory to T4PNK therfore poor labelling.
> Just a thought.

Thanks for the answer; yes, I thought about it, too. However, the oligos
are supposed to be purified; and even if there were ammonium ions present,
how does that explain the differences between what you see on a gel, and
the OD measurement (100 x diffs!). NTPs? Well, I did fractionate the oligos
using G-25, and could not observe a second peak due to NTPs.

j.

--
There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want. - Calvin