RACE

Peter Ashby p.r.ashby at dundee.MAPS.ac.uk
Fri Mar 24 10:41:31 EST 2000

In article <4.2.2.20000324094705.00a3d420 at neuro.duke.edu>,
rashmi at neuro.duke.edu ) (Chandra, Rashmi (Chikaraishi Lab) wrote:

> I would like recommendations for kits or methods for 5' and 3' RACE.

We've found the lifetech (gibco) kits very good (and cheaper than
Clontech). If you buy a 5' kit all you need to get is the 3' adapter oligo
and you have a combined 5' & 3' kit. we have made it work in both
directions with little trouble. It is worth having some pcr primers you
can use to make sure you still have appropriate dna at each stage of the
kit to enable troubleshooting.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby