Can't freeze my comp cells!

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at nospam.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 29 05:06:05 EST 2000

In article <280320001715222755%jpcd100 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk>, John Dixon
<jpcd100 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk> writes
>However, it's a pain in the proverbials to make new ones each day as it
>should be so easy to freeze and store them. But every time I try to
>freeze them, the next day the efficiency is below my detection level of
>10e6. So whats the secret?

Is it all strains or just the odd one such as BL21 (pLys) series?

We mostly use electroporation and the odd chemical competent cells we go
back to maybe once a year but solely with supercoiled miniprepped
plasmids so the efficiency doesn't really matter. One colony is enough!

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
DNAmp Ltd.