Sequencing by RT-PCR

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at nospam.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 29 06:59:59 EST 2000

In article <38E1E459.222A0395 at immv.unizh.ch>, Susanne Rohrer
<srohrer at immv.unizh.ch> writes
>I once imagined just throwing RT into our fluorescent sequencing mix and
>seeing if it can be analyzed on the sequencer - but  it probably won't
>work, will it? (Saaay, has anyone tried it?) Wouldn't want to clog up the
>capillary...

RNA sequencing can be done with RT plus ddNTPs. That's how 16s rRNA's
were sequenced maybe 7-10 years ago, direct from RNA.

You will need to find a paper that gives the dNTP:ddNTP ratios. Maybe a
look for old papers by P. Lawson and/or D. Collins from the IFRC unit at
Reading, UK.

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark