PCR lore

Jan-Henner Wurmbach wurmbach at uke.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Mar 29 08:30:54 EST 2000

Susanne Rohrer <srohrer at immv.unizh.ch> schrieb im Beitrag
<38E1DACC.C2EDEFF0 at immv.unizh.ch>...
> Reading a number of recent postings, I start wondering: how much in PCR
> (Primer design especially) is superstition?
> e.g. how many GCs you should have at the 3'/5' ends etc etc - how have
> the recommendations evolved since the invention?
>
> We've even had the PCR tribal dances/rituals a while ago...
>
> Susanne

Somewhere in you department there is a room, painted dark with a glowing
pentagramma on the floor, where you have to sacrifice a black rabbit and a
white mouse (for western blots) or a flask of hot salty water with bacteria
in it (for PCR) for the experiments to work.
Only the oldest technicians know the way to this remote room - ask them.

;-)
Jan-Henner Wurmbach